Feeling happy, now
It’s easy to feel that life owes us more, or that we need more in order to be fully, truly happy. But living happy has a lot more to do with feeling grateful about how much we already have from life… It is about taking time to become aware of and enjoy what youalready have… Here are a few very basic, very important things you already have and that make your life happier; things to be grateful about, today and any day:
- You are alive and reasonably healthy.
- You didn’t go to sleep hungry last night.
- You didn’t have to sleep outside and you home is heated, with comfortable beds.
- You have enough clothes to wear this morning and you won’t go about cold.
- You have access to clean drinking water.
- You can shower and bathe as much as you want, in clean, warm water.
- You always have easy access to plenty of healthy and enjoyable food.
- You haven’t spent a minute in fear for your life or safety.
- You have access to free medical care.
- You have a family and friends who care about you.
- You live in a country where human rights are respected – you can speak your mind without fear.
- You can read this!
If you have all of the above, you are part of a very small, select group that makes up less than 10% of the world population.
Enjoy and share!